OLD COURTHOUSE ANTWERP

LOCATION

Antwerp, Belgium

WHEN

February 2017

COMMISSIONED BY

Origin

SERVICE

CATEGORY

PURPOSE

building archaeological study and analysis

Architect Lode Baeckelmans was inspired by the Louvre in Paris for his design of this old courthouse. The building complex consists of four wings situated around two courtyards, built from 1871 to 1879. Due to lack of space, renovations continued until 1929 when the decision was made to move the court activities to a new building.

For the building’s archaeological study and the analysis of the existing situation, plans and cuts were made of this building. Since the scanning material was needed for a building history study, it was scanned in colour and at high resolution to achieve a high degree of detail in each room.

THE RESULTS